Parkview Installs Higher Quality MRI Offering More Comfort for Patients
April 3, 2017
PARKVIEW REGIONAL HOSPITAL ANNOUNCES CUTTING EDGE MRI CAPABILITIES
Mexia, TX – Parkview Regional Hospital announces the installation of a brand new MRI machine – the Optima MR450w. A new day has come to Parkview Regional Hospital in the form of a state-of-the-art piece of equipment that will assist physicians in making definitive diagnoses for all of their patients.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a technique using magnetic field and radio waves to create images of the organs and tissue within the body. This type of diagnostic testing helps in investigating and diagnosing certain illnesses.
“Parkview has always had excellent MRI capabilities, but with this new MRI machine, not only can physicians make better diagnoses, our patients will be much more comfortable while undergoing the testing,” said Austin Wratchford, Chief Operating Officer of Parkview Regional Hospital. “Patients and their families trust us with their health and safety. We take seriously that every aspect of the care we provide must be driven by high quality. We also take seriously our patients’ comfort while receiving care at Parkview. This new MRI gives our patients more room to breathe throughout the testing process and provides physicians with outstanding images for accurate diagnoses.”
“The scans that are produced are of a higher quality, are faster, and are more accurate,” Wratchford added. The new MRI machine is a significant capital investment at Parkview Regional Hospital. Patients and their families can know they are receiving the highest quality images when they come to Parkview for their MRIs.
To make an appointment, call the scheduling department at 254-562-0408, ext.1259.
Licensed for 58 beds, Parkview Regional Hospital offers acute medical/surgical care, rehabilitation, geriatric psychiatric care, surgery and emergency care. Our service area covers a 50-mile radius, and approximately 40,000 people in Limestone, Freestone, Hill and Leon counties in North Central Texas.